Wednesday 25 July 2012

Applying for his Visa :)

So we're as happy as can be!

We're planning apply for a tourist visa late next week and so excited to have the opportunity to know each other more. We're both becoming more focused and working on what he'll do while I'm at work and where he'll stay when he's here.

I think it's a good idea for him to stay close by but not actually at my place. We're still getting to
Know each other do it's good we each have our own space to breathe a little and think about our relationship when we're not together.

Looking forward to him picking me up for dates. We'll still cook dinner at mine and see each other in the mornings :) or that's at least what we hope will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

For now I think I'm getting ahead of myself... We need to wait for visa approval but I'm confident that it'll go well.

He's been working at his current job in Fiji for 3years and has a great relationship with his boss. We have a place for him to say in Aus and all expenses covered. A bank statement that is hopefully more than sufficient thank God.

When I spoke with the Aust Embassy they said we needed a minimum of $1000 per month that the visitor will be in Australia. I've got a friend who's sponsoring him for me which is really nice.

I think all the bases are covered

Proof of intention to return to Fiji - Work tenure letter and payslip. Approval of leave.

Proof of having financial Support - Sponsor Letter and bank statement

Proof of being a genuine visitor - Invitation letter

I think all the bases are covered. Now it'll just be a point of submitting and waiting a week then the next chapter of our journey can finally begin :)

Good luck to all of you out there going through the heartache of long distance.

Till next time... :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! It was so long ago that I wrote this post and my have me and my Fijian man come a long way!!

    Please feel free to browse through my other posts in this blog or to ask any questions on the posts or via my new 'I've Got a Question...' Post and I'll be happy to respond.

    Feel free to email me at ivegotthetravelbug2011@hotmail.com if you would like as well.

    Wishing you all the happiness, excitement, contentment and love throughout your journey.

    Lots of Love
    ivegotthetravelbug2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi have currently been in a relationship with a guy from fiji. i met him on a missions trip in fiji. now 12 months later we really want to move our relationship forward which will require him to come to australia and meet my family, and church community. although in the past we have had visa applications not approved due to lack of evidence for incentive to return to fiji.. can you offer any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, sorry for the late reply. It was a busy end to 2015 for me. How have you and your partner been doing over the last few months?

      Delete
  3. Same here me and my guy hes been rejected twice for lack of incentive to return we are now doing a prospective marriage visa.. but its very expensive and a lot more involved.. we have been together 16 months but had many difficulties a long the way hes much younger but i believe genuine.. not sure if i will ever know for a while if i can get him here.. it's a hard road

    ReplyDelete