Sunday 29 April 2012

6 months in...

Ok... SO we've past the 6 month mark and he's back over in Fiji... Not a good thing for us really... He's busy with everyone there and I'm working over here... the communication seems to be breaking down. It kind of feels like it's 'out of sight, out of mind'. We Skype every now and again and text here and there. Communication is no longer every day and I've been going through a lot lately... It's really hard. When you're going through the hard things life throws at you, you think that your partner will be there to support you through it all. Not necessarily physically there but none the less, you can feel their presence... Maybe this isn't a real relationship any more... Maybe I'm just too scared to be on my own... but i am on my own... just not officially... If he wants to be with me and really loves me, would he let communication just die down like that? I've stopped trying... No more effort, just going through the motions, sometimes I wake up and it's a brand new day... sometimes I wake up and its like all the troubles come flooding into my mind before i've even opened my eyes. I feel like I invested so much of me into this and that i have invested enough into my friendships since I came back from overseas... Everyone's too bsuy and I just sit here letting life fly by only took look back at yesterday and think, 'What on earth am I doing?' I feel like I can't let him go because I have harldy anyone left.

Are women with my thoughts the type that men from these foreign paradises prey on? i believe I am, somewhere inside me, a good person with good values, maybe too niaeve and too emotionally scattered... I spoke to someone not too long ago and they told me, the way to know if he's serious is to see how long he sticks around. If he's not really in love with you then he can't fake that investment for very long. He'll get distracted and move on.' Maybe this is whats happening? I don't know. My mind doesn't have enough energy to think about these things any more. I'll get a little thought then just move on... Will post again in the next few days and update on things that've changed...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Honey Rufus-thanks for dropping me a line to ask for advice from a Fijian man.Reading from your blog....has your partner been to Australia and has returned to Fiji ?....as you wrote that "he is back in Fiji".I know it is very hard and you've hit on the head by mentioning that "communication" is the biggest issue here.I must admit that I would often commit the same idiotic sense of negligence by not communicating-though I live with my partner and two children in Sydney,it frustrates the hell out of Michelle when I do not communicate with her and let her know what I'm doing.In your case it is worsened by the tyranny of distance.I don't know how long your partner has not communicated or contacted you,but it sounds like he hasn't communicated with you for a very long time.That is one area that we-(men) have to learn to feel the emotions of women and in the case of Pacific Island men,it can be cultural aspect too since we come from patriarchal societies,we often fall into that sense of security and "taking things for granted" once you've got what you want.My advice to you is to drop him a line-(for the lucky last time) and let him know how you feel and give him a time frame to respond and also the consequences of his non-communication.....and a condition of your long distance relationship is "honesty"

    Moce mada for the time being and looking forward to hearing from you soon

    Mr Apenisa Rokobaro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments Apenisa. So great to hear from someone on the Fijian end of cross culture relationships and a successful one at that. Would really like to keep in touch. I'm in need of so much advice...

      ivegotthetravelbug2011@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. Wow!! It was so long ago that I wrote this post and my have me and my Fijian man come a long way!!

    Please feel free to browse through my other posts in this blog or to ask any questions on the posts or via my new 'I've Got a Question...' Post and I'll be happy to respond.

    Feel free to email me at ivegotthetravelbug2011@hotmail.com if you would like as well.

    Wishing you all the happiness, excitement, contentment and love throughout your journey.

    Lots of Love
    ivegotthetravelbug2011

    ReplyDelete